Permanent, full time, term-time only.
Swale Academies Trust Band 7: £22,072 – £25,112 (£18,686 – £21,260 pro rata)
We are looking for an outstanding Special Educational Needs practitioner to support our SENCo, in order to provide the best possible provision for our growing number of pupils with special educational needs.
As a result of our growing reputation for inclusion, The Parkland Federation has a higher than national average of pupils with SEND. We are therefore looking for a HLTA who has experience in working with a wide range of SEN types. In additon, someone who is familiar with the SEND Code of Practice and can support our SENCo with its delivery.
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January 2020.
The successful candidate will:
- have a secure knowledge of the SEND reforms.
- have knowledge in the different areas of SEN.
- have knowledge of successful school attendance systems and is able to proactively put measures in place to support (potential) persistent absentees.
- be able to assess a child’s diffciulties and plan effectively for appropriate SEN support.
- track progress of SEND pupils and measure impact of SEN support provided.
- have working knowledge of EHC assessment and plans.
- ensure involvement of parental views and continuously keep parents informed of progress made.
- line manage teams of intervention support leads.
- have exemplary organisational and paperwork skills!
The schools will offer:
- pupils who behave well and show excellent attitudes to both their learning and relationships with others;
- a welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team;
- personalised professional development;
- a rewarding and happy place to be.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please contact the Parkland Federation school office on 01323 502620 to arrange a visit. Alternatively, email email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th December 2019 at noon
Interviews: 17th December 2019
|Job Description & Person Specification|
|Support Staff Application Form|